Change of Address Policy

Families are required to immediately report a change of address in writing to their current school. You will need to complete your change of address within 30 calendar days at the Family Welcome Enrollment Center. ALL address changes must be completed in person. Failure to report a change of address may result in withdrawal from school. The following documents will be required in order to process your change of address:

  • TUSD Change of Address Form
  • Parent/Guardian Photo ID
  • Proof of Residence
    • To verify residence two of the following documents with the parent/guardian’s name and home address must be presented, documents must show matching Service Name and Service Address on the top and bottom portion of the bill:
      • Utility Bill (must be dated within 60 days), top portion of utility bill must be submitted – stubs/bottom portion of bill will not be accepted, documents must display the service address and parent name as the primary account holder: Electric ~ Gas ~ Water ~ Trash ~ Cable/Satellite ~ Internet ~ Home Phone (landline only)
      • Mortgage Statement – the property and mailing address must match
      • Property Tax – the property and mailing address must match
      • Lease/Rental Agreement (complete agreement with signatures of all parties)
        Sample Proofs of Residence:
         ~ Electric Bill
         ~ Gas Bill
    • If you have recently moved you can request a “Verification Letter of Service” from Southern California Edison (electric), SoCal Gas (gas), or City of Torrance (water)
    • If you are enrolled in paperless billing we will accept a printout of your bill/statement (PDF), not a screen shot of your account. If you need assistance with this please make sure to have you login and password handy when you arrive.
      • Cell Phone Bills, Bills with Disconnect Notices, Screenshots/Profiles, or Bills Showing “C/O or %” by the Parent’s Name are NOT ACCEPTED.
    • If the parent/guardian and student(s) rent space/live in a home with someone else who resides within the TUSD boundaries, both the Primary Owner/Leaseholder of the Residence (Landlord) AND the Parent/Guardian (Tenant) must provide Residency Verification AND be present during enrollment and/or address changes to sign an Affidavit of Residency (AOR). Please be advised AOR’s are renewed annually and the school site may conduct a home check to verify student residency.
      • Landlord will provide:
        • 2 Original Utility Bills
      • Tenant/Parent will provide one of the following:
        • Bank Account Statement
        • Pre-Printed Checks
        • Car Insurance Billing Statement
        • Any Correspondence from a Government Agency or Department
    • If the parent/guardian is unable to provide any of the above mentioned proofs of residence or if you have any questions please contact our office.