Skip to Main Content
EnglishChinese (Simplified)JapaneseKoreanSpanishVietnamese
Secondary Programs

Grade Change Request (for the 2020-2021 School Year)

For students who were in the 12th grade in 2020-2021:
Letter - AB 104

Grade change form (English & Spanish)

For students who were in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grade in 2020-2021:

Letter Spanish Translation: Click Here

Due to the recent approval of CA State Assembly Bill 104 on “Pupil instruction: retention, grade changes, and exemptions”, this letter serves as notification that your student is eligible to request a grade change from a letter grade to a Pass or No Pass. Student grade change requests of this nature are only eligible for replacing TUSD grades posted on the student transcript that occurred during the 2020-2021 school year.

One of the actions associated with AB 104, requires school districts to provide information about colleges and universities and their willingness to support or deny grades of “Pass” or “No Pass” when considering future admissions applications. Please visit AB 104 Postsecondary Institutions to view the list of colleges/universities that have agreed to accept Pass or No Pass grades for admission purposes.

Please note that postsecondary educational institutions not on this list, including those outside of California, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

If you have any questions, please contact your school’s office via telephone or email directly.
If you or your student would like to request a grade change from the existing letter grade to a “Pass” or “No Pass”, as required by AB 104, you will need to make a formal request within the next 15 calendar days (no later than August 15, 2021) by following the steps below:

●     Log into

●     Click Grade History from the left side menu.

●     Select the 20-21 tab

Click the link at the top of the page to access the request form.
(Note:  this link is available to all parents and students over the age of 18.)

  • Complete the AB 104 Grade Change Request Form with the course name, term and grade information from the Grade History screen.  (See the sample below.)


●     If you wish to request additional grade changes, answer “Yes” to Additional Grade Change Request?  Then repeat the steps above.  When you are finished, answer “No” and click “Next”.

●     Type in your full name and then click Submit.



Quick Links

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.