April 20, 2014
 Parents/StudentsHealth Information Pertussis Vaccination   
Quick Links
Tdap Requirement Form
Letter from the CA Department of Health
Frequently Asked Questions: Additional Info

Free Tdap Immunizations can be obtained at the
one of the following:

Torrance Public Health Center 310-354-2300

Harbor Communiy Clinic Pediatric Center

Curtis Tucker Health Center 310-419-5376
South Bay Family Health Care Center 310-802-6170


Contact Information


Pertussis Vaccination

Click here for the TUSD Tdap Requirement Form

January 2011

Dear Parent/Guardian:
Whooping cough (pertussis) has been widespread in California. To help protect your children and others from whooping cough, a new California law now requires students to be vaccinated against whooping cough.

For the 2011-12 school year only, all students entering 7th through 12th grades will need proof of having received one dose of Tdap vaccine (an adolescent whooping cough booster shot) on or after the 10th birthday before starting school. (A Tdap vaccine that has been given on or after the 7th birthday will also be accepted.)
By law, students who do not have proof of receiving a Tdap booster shot will not be able to start school in the fall until proof is provided to the school.
Acceptable documents for Tdap booster requirement:
Yellow California Immunization card  with provider’s signature and physician or clinic stamp
District Tdap Requirement form  with provider’s signature and physician or clinic stamp
Written statement from physician   with physician’s signature and stamp
Acceptable immunizations (names): Tdap, Adacel, Boostrix, DTap, or DTP
(The tetanus-diphtheria booster shot, Td, will not meet the requirement.)
We want to make sure your child starts school on time. We urge you to do the following:
1.      Get your child’s Tdap shot now. A large number of students need a Tdap shot between now and the start of school next year. Make an appointment with your child’s doctor or clinic for your child to get a Tdap booster shot now. Avoid the back-to-school rush.
2.      Save your proof of immunization. Be sure to keep the written proof of your child’s Tdap booster shot in a safe place and bring a copy to the Health Office as soon as possible. Your child will need to provide proof of immunization in order to start school in the fall.
3.  Refer to the following for more information: www.getimmunizedca.org and www.shotsforschool.org.
Free Tdap immunizations can be obtained at one of the following:
Torrance Public Health Center (Torrance)                      310-354-2300
Harbor Community Clinic Pediatric Center (San Pedro)    310-732-5887
Curtis Tucker Health Center (Inglewood)                        310-419-5376
South Bay Family Health Care Centers                          310-802-6170
It is recommended that proof of Tdap booster be brought to the Health Office as soon as possible, but no later than June 1st, 2011 to prevent a delay in your student starting school in the fall.
If you have any questions, please contact the Health Office.
 Torrance Unified School District - Copyright 2009   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement